Teva Respiratory, LLC
Effective Date: January 15, 2016
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect that privacy, Teva Respiratory, LLC (“Teva”) is providing this notice to explain our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. This Privacy Notice applies only to the use and collection of data collected by this website, and does not apply to any other data collected by Teva or its affiliates online or offline. As used in this Privacy Notice, “We” includes Teva, and its related companies and affiliates, as well as any third-party vendors we hire to assist in the administration of the website or application. These vendors are required to maintain the confidentiality of the user information to which they become privy in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice and to otherwise abide by the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Collection, Use and Sharing of Your Information
- We collect two basic types of information – personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregated statistical information. You can visit our website and find out about Teva products and services without giving us any personally-identifiable information about you. When you visit our website or application, we do not collect any personally identifiable information without your consent. We collect and store information from you that you voluntarily choose to give us or enter on our website or application, including but not limited to “personally identifiable information” such as your name, address, email address, etc. If you do not want Teva to collect your personally identifiable information, please do not provide it to us.
- Our primary purpose in collecting and processing such information is to provide you with services that you request or to personalize product or service information for you. We may also use your personally identifiable information to provide you with additional information about our products and services, to provide you with advertising based on your activity on our websites and applications and on third-party websites and applications, to optimize or improve our products, services and operations, and to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal, or for technical support, troubleshooting or account administration purposes. We may also share your personally identifiable information with our agents, contractors, or business partners in order that they may perform services for us.
- We may also collect and use non-personally identifiable information from website visitors, which includes information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual visitor. This can be technical information, such as your device type or Internet browser version, or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender or interests. Non-personally identifiable information does NOT identify you personally. We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Notice. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- We do conduct research or analysis on users’ demographics, interests and behaviors based upon information provided to us during use of our website and application and we may combine your information with information collected from other individuals to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information. Aggregated data does not include personally identifiable information. We use this demographic information, such as the percentage of male or female visitors, or the percentage of visitors within certain age brackets, to improve the content of our website or application. We also may share this anonymous, aggregated information, which does not include personally identifiable information, with third parties.
You should also be aware that any communication you submit or that may be posted to any publicly viewable interactive feature such as a blog, community forum or testimonial page is a public communication and may be viewed by the general public. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that you do not expect privacy or confidentiality of the content you submit to such services over our websites or application, whether or not it includes personal information about you. If you display your personal information in any communication submitted to such services or features, other individuals may collect and use your personal information. We are not responsible for, nor can we guarantee the protection of, any personal information you disclose in a communication submitted to such services or features for posting or contained in an email or other communication submitted to us for such posting, and thus, you acknowledge that if you disclose personal information in any such material, you do so at your own risk.
From time to time, we display personal testimonials on our website or application in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at USPrivacy@tevapharm.com.
While the information you provide will be retained for a commercially reasonable time by Teva for administration, liability, and archival purposes, your personally identifying information is not shared with a third-party, other than (i) as required by law, (ii) to protect and defend the rights of Teva, the website or application, or the users of the website or application, (iii) as incident to a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or similar event, (iv) under circumstances we believe reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety of users of Teva products and services, the website, the application or the public, or (v) as is otherwise described in this Privacy Notice.
We may collect your personal or professional contact information on this website or application to provide you product or service information or other requested information or services. If you wish to subscribe to a newsletter(s) or request other product or service information, we will use your name and email address to send such information to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us at USPrivacy@tevapharm.com.
On some Teva websites, if you choose to use our referral function to tell a friend about our website or application, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address as well as your information. The form automatically sends your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website or application. We will only collect and use this information to send this invitation.
We may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our website or application. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and email address), and demographic and/or health information (such as ZIP code and health condition information).
Social Media Features
Our website or application may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button and Widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive miniprograms that run on our website or application. These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website or application, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website or application. Your interactions with these features are governed by the Privacy Notice of the company providing it.
Security and Use of Information
To prevent unauthorized access to the website or application or any portion thereof, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have enacted commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure, during transmission and storage, the information we collect through this website and application.
Special Note Regarding Website Use By Children
Teva does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. This website and application are not intended or designed to attract children. If you are under 13, please do not send any personal information about yourself to Teva. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at USPrivacy@tevapharm.com and we will delete such information.
Links to Other Websites
As a resource to our visitors, Teva may provide links to other websites. Please be aware that these other websites are not covered under Teva’s Privacy Notice. We suggest that when linking to another website, you always read that website’s Privacy Notice before volunteering any personally identifiable information.
Some services on this website and application may make use of location-based data. If you allow these services, we may collect information about the Wi-Fi routers closest to you or the cell IDs of the towers closest to you. We may use this information to provide the requested location based service or to provide you content based upon your location, not to identify you. Although Teva may use or collect geo-location data, we are not capable of assisting in an emergency.
“Refer-A-Friend” or “Forward-to-a-Friend” Functionality
We may offer you opportunities to request that we send content from our website or otherwise reach out to friends or family members that you believe may be interested in learning more about our products or services. If you choose to make such a referral, which is voluntary, we may ask you for your name and contact information as well as contact information for the individual or individuals that you refer, such as their name, email address and/or phone number. When we contact your friend, we may identify you as the party that made the referral.
Cookies, Online Tracking and IP Addresses
- We may collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “web bugs” or “pixel tags”), including when you visit our website or application or use our applications on third-party websites or platforms. (See additional information below). You can choose to have your device warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
- Web beacons are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the website and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. Web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer mhard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
- Teva may also work with third party advertising or personalization partners that use tracking pixels or cookies to help us display personalized content and appropriate advertising during your visits to this website or other websites. Cookies placed by our third party partners may also assist us with measuring the performance of our advertising campaigns.
- Do Not Track (DNT) is a preference you can set in your web browser to let the websites you visit know that you do not want to be tracked. You can disable or enable this setting by visiting the Preferences or Settings menu of your web browser. This website does not respond to do not track (DNT) signals.
- An IP address is a unique identifying number that is automatically assigned to a device connected to the Internet. Depending on the nature of your Internet connection, the IP address may change each time you connect or may always be the same number. We reserve the right to log IP addresses for system administration, security, statistical analysis, demographic analysis of website use, and other such functions.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Teva may, from time to time in its sole discretion, change or modify this Privacy Notice to accommodate new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or for other purposes. Any changes or modifications will be effective upon posting of the revisions on the website or application. At any given time, your access and use of the website or application and provision of information is governed by the Privacy Notice then in effect. Teva may post changes or modifications to referenced policies and guidelines without your approval, and may determine whether and when any such changes apply to you. Your continued use of the website or application following Teva’s posting of any changes or modifications will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications. Should you not wish to be bound by the modified Privacy Notice, you may not use or access the website or application. We will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent.
- Comments, suggestions, or other communications sent by you to us are deemed to be non-confidential. We have no obligations of any kind in relation to such comments, suggestions, or communications and are free to use or distribute them in any way, including in relation to the administration, update, or improvement of the website or application, without compensation to the author, sender, or any other party.
- By using the website or application, you signify your assent to this Privacy Notice. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice you may contact us at:
Attn: U.S. Chief Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 7588
Overland Park, KS 66207-0588
Notice to California Residents – Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, a California resident with whom “Teva” has an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information “Teva” has shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions.
All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to:
Attn: U.S. Chief Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 7588
Overland Park, KS 66207-0588